Treasured Chests accepts the following methods of payment:
HOW TO ORDER:
All items in the Showroom have been carefully and completely restored.
Click on the title or picture for details and a larger view.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with a purchase or restoration from us then we promise to make things right. We will give you full credit for any purchase toward another item of equal value, provided your initial purchase is still in the same condition it left us.
Shopping on the World Wide Web certainly has its advantages but it can have disadvantages too. One disadvantage may be that you cannot see our merchandise in this two-dimension world as well as you can in our real (as opposed to our virtual) Showroom. Therefore, if you have any questions or concerns about any of our merchandise or our business then please e-mail us at: TreasuredChests@oldtrunks.com.
To see our merchandise first-hand, call for an appointment to visit our trunk barn in Winston-Salem, NC.
If you are contacting us for anything other than ordering then please do so by email.
HOW TO ORDER:
Call us at 336-765-3998 (orders only please) or send e-mail to: TreasuredChests@oldtrunks.com. Please note the item or trunk number of the merchandise you wish to order. If you are contacting us for anything other than ordering then please do so by email.
How Our Trunks of Old Are Used in Today's World:
5. Printer and copier
stands: Go ahead, dress up the office a bit, lots of our customers
have with our flat top trunks.
6a. Instant heirloom toy
chests: One father in Idaho recently bought a
7. Hide that recycle bin: A local customer just bought one of our as-is flat tops to house her recycle bin on her back porch.
8. TV table: We just sold a flat top that's going to hold the family's TV in their den.
9. Storage for irreplaceable
items: A customer recently stated that her most precious possessions -
photo negatives of her daughter, are stored in one of our restored trunks and
in case of fire or flood, that would be the most important item in her home to
save. From another: I live in New Orleans, LA. I keep all of my irreplaceables
(christening gown used by every member of my family since 1934, etc.) inside
that trunk. Whenever we have to evacuate, my husband knows that if nothing
else, the contents of the trunk go with us. We don't take the trunk as it
weighs a ton even when empty! Otherwise it is used daily as a table.
10a. Hollywood & Broadway: One of our trunks is used in the Broadway play "Country Girl" with Morgan Freeman. Five other trunks of ours were used in the movie "The Hateful Eight".
11. As Luggage: A Treasured Customer recently purchased a Cedarobe wardrobe trunk to be used as luggage on the Queen Mary II. One of our slightly smaller trunks came to us as luggage from Hawaii via airliner. UPDATE: It just sold as-is to become a photo prop.
12. To Make a Living: Our Schell doctor bags are being used by medical doctors, computer doctors, piano tuners and others.
13. A kindergarten teacher is using one of our wardrobe trunks in her classroom when the children act out plays in costume.
14. Your use? Have a favorite use that you'd like to share with the rest of the world? Just email it to us and we'll post it.
Our Posterity Plaque:
Our seal of quality. The plaque is placed on the bottom of our trunk restorations. It shows when and where the trunk was restored, and by which of our artisans. Hopefully many years from now the trunks can be traced back to us for their history.
01 February, 2017 10:43 AM